CEREBRAL PALSY UNIT
Shah Chimanlal Chotalal Lokhandwala Charitable Trust, Jivrajpark,
Shah Chotalal Chimanlal Lokhandwala Charitable Trust, Raipur,
Late. Dr. J C. Shah C. P. Unit, Nikol
A disorder affecting children from birth hence classified in the congenital anomalies category. This is a non-progressive, permanent injury to the developing brain, which can result into disturbed functions of brain – viz; movements and postures, problems of speech, vision, hearing, intelligence (M.R.), epilepsy and behavior. For Rehabilitation of CP Children we provide all the following expert managements under one roof: For diagnosis and complete evaluation of C.P. we have,
» Social Worker
» Pediatric – Neurologist.
» Pediatric-Orthopedic Surgeon
» Eye Surgeon
» Occupational Therapist
» Speech Therapist
» Clinical Psychologist
» Special Teacher
1. Physiotherapy – Physiotherapists helps in Strengthening of long muscles by exercises.
2. Occupational therapy – Occupational therapists helps to hone the ability of the fine motor skills and small muscles including hands, feet, mouth, fingers & toes. Also teach daily living skills.
3. Neuro-developmental Therapy
4. Sensory Integration- It helps in absorbing and processing sensory information which ultimately improve balance and steady movement.
5. Speech Therapy- Speech therapists monitors normal growth and development of speech and language and identify potential problems like – Stuttering, cluttering, lisping, aprexia etc.
6. Play Therapy- To develop physical skill in particular mobility , balance & coordination
7. Psychological Support–Rehabilitation of disabled by various tests of intelligence scale by clinical psychologist.
8. Activities for Daily Living– It includes dressing, eating, brushing teeth, to open & close the doors & the mobility
DAY CARE UNIT
Extremely disabled children who are not admitted by normal school are being educated here. Disabled children with their parents are provided above therapies along with training classes which includes visual, verbal & listening activates by Special Educators.
HOME BOUND PROGRAMME
CP Children residing outside Ahmedabad are admitted in our hospital with his/her mother. She is trained to undertake rehabilitation work of her child at home.
It helps to muscle relaxation, reduce spasticity, increase range of motion and possible reduce scissoring of the legs. It is given by orthopedic surgeon.
Medical specialists like Orthopedic Surgeon, ENT Surgeon, Pediatric Neurophysician, and Eye surgeon regularly monitor the progress reports of these children.
Experts for these therapies put their efforts to get these children rehabilitated at the earliest.