DISTRICT EARLY INTERVENTION CENTRE (DEIC)
Rashtriya Bal Swasthya Karyakram (RBSK)
(Approved By: Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Gujarat)
The Early Intervention Centre at Health and Care Foundation, Ahmedabad provides health services to support children in a holistic manner, addressing defects at birth, diseases, deficiencies and those with developmental delays or disabilities. These are the common child health problems observed in the local population and require integrated services from birth till the age of school entry. The multi-disciplinary approach includes evaluation and management of coexisting diseases and deficiencies all under the same roof. The simple concept of early intervention is to intervene early and minimise disability. Once the disability is identified, the intervention would include prevention of progression to handicap and ensuring the child’s development to the highest potential. Early identification of various health conditions and assured link to care, support and treatment forms an equitable child health care approach.
- Defects at birth
- Developmental delays including disabilities
Facilities available at District Early Intervention Centre in Health and Care Foundation
Cleft Lip, Cleft Palate, Contracture and etc.
PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDIC CLUBFOOT
OPD & Surgeries
PEDIATRIC OPHTHALMIC SERVICES
OPDs & Surgeries
NUERO-MOTOR IMPAIRMENT (CP)
EARLY INTERVENTION CENTER
Consultation & Speech Therapy
Early childhood caries
JUVENILE DIABETES CLINIC
Identifying and providing services for Hearing loss in children
- Consultation & Treatment
- BERA Test
- Pure tone audiometry
- Screening by Paediatric Endocrinologist
- Pathology laboratory Test
- Dietician advise
- Quarterly follow up
- Insulin at Discounted rates
Diagnosis, screening and consultation by PEDIATRICIAN for medical treatment of children suffering from diseases and deficiencies
OTHER PEDIATRIC CONSULTANT SERVICES
- Psychological assessment – Evaluation and test
- Developmental pediatrician
- Cognition services for cognitive delays
- Psychiatric consultation
Core Services to be provided by Health and Care Foundation:
- Medical services for evaluation and treatment of children suffering from diseases, deficiencies, disability and developmental delay by pediatrician, pediatric orthopedic surgeon and pediatric neurologist.
- Dental services for problems of teeth, gums and oral hygiene in children from birth to 6 years, including treatment of ‘Early Childhood Caries’ by a dentist.
- Physical therapy and occupational therapy services that relate to self-help skills; adaptive behavior and play; sensory, motor, and postural development to prevent or lessen the difficulties in movement and related functional problems. Sensory integration, neuro developmental therapy as well as services for oro-motor and feeding difficulties rendered by expert physiotherapist and occupational therapist.
- Vision services for identifying children with visual disorders or delays and providing care and training to those children. Early identification of Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) for premature children by pediatric ophthalmologist and optometrist.
- Audiology services for identifying and providing care to children with hearing loss, up to 6 years of age, for both congenital deafness and also acquired deafness by an ENT surgeon and audiologist.
- Speech-language pathology services for children with delay in communication abilities or weakness of muscles around the mouth and difficulty in swallowing, by a speech and language pathologist.
- Psychological services for administering and interpreting psychological tests for evaluation of a child’s behavior, mental health, learning disabilities etc. and planning services like counselling, consultation, parent training, behavior modification and awareness of appropriate education programs by clinical psychologist.
- Cognition services for identifying cognitive delays and providing intervention to enhance cognitive development, by an early interventionist.
- Lab services for routine blood investigations to begin with, but slowly would develop services for confirming congenital hypothyroidism, thalessaemia and sickle-cell anaemia or other inherent errors in metabolism of children.
- Nutrition services to address the nutritional needs of children that include identifying feeding problems and managing the same.
- Social support services for preparing an assessment of the social as well as emotional strengths and needs of a child and family, also including individual or group counselling. Socio-economic evaluation of the family with the need based social services by a social worker.
- Special education services include designing learning environments and activities that promote the child’s development; providing families with information, skills and support to enhance the child’s development by a special educator.
In this endeavor of promoting child care in an integrated way, Health and Care Foundation aims at making a lasting impact on the lives of the budding generation and providing a healthy future to the society.